Sick Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last night I lost my female angelfish. She had camallanus worms and wasn't looking good a few days before she died. I am not sure if it was the blood worms and dog wormer that killed her or the camallanus worms. When I found her my CAE was on her so I am not sure if he was a contributor. Anyways now the male is acting funny. He isn't using his right side fin and he is hanging in the corner. I am going to get my water tested after I help my Sister-in-law paint her nursery so I will post the results when I get back. Every other fish in the tank is fine especially my GBR so I don't think its a water quality issue. Any ideas on what it might be??

My bet would be the worms killed your angelfish. They're a parasite. By time a fish is infected there are no guarantees that they will survive any treatment. Especially if you start out using the wrong treatment.

My angels ate exactly the same mixture (if you followed the directions I gave you) and even spawned while they had the worms.

I did do the fedendazole and blood worms, everyone gobbled them up. I fallowed the directions to a T.

Do you think maybe the male has the worms but they just aren't visible yet??

It's possible. Or it could be something completely unrelated. Have you seen any of the worms starting to poke out?

When our angels had it, it was only 2 out of 4. Our rams and the guppies caught it but no other fish. None of the tetras, corys or our little pleco.

He is hiding in the corner as of right now but as far as I can tell no. I really hope I don't lose him to. Is it possible the blood worms might have carried a disease?? I know you have to be careful with live but not sure about frozen.

No one else has it, just the one angel who died.

No, not home. I should get it done at around five since I have to run home before we go out to dinner. I was planning on doing a big water change, like 50% just encase although my last water change was 5 days ago.

:thanks: for all of your help with the camallanus worms, I wouldn't have been able to try and save my angel without your info.

Back
Top Bottom