Sick angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kwal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I have a tank with 2 angelfish. I have had them for a couple of years. 1 has recently become sickly. Today I noticed a red tint to it's fin tips, a white growth on it's tail (pinhead), a scratch on it's eye and an injured/white fuzz on it's pectoral fin. I don't believe it is being picked on by the other. Checked the levels - ammonia and nitrite 0. Ph was a bit high but brought it back to 7.2. Any suggestions?

A picture would help.
Sounds like some sort of bacterial infection, but id rather have a pic or video before recommending any antibiotic.

Sorry not the best pic. It's scratched eye is now clouding up and the whole fish is loosing colour.

Attachments

• 1478597730496-1739162051.jpg
    1478597730496-1739162051.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 39
Temp is a bit high but I live in North Queensland Australia so can't do too much - 28 degrees Celsius. I have been adding melafix daily for a couple of days - antibacterial. Helped the red tint on it's fins but not much else.

If the other fish isn't the cause ( which with so many different areas effected it sounds like it is the other fish) you need to check the nitrates. Poor water quality can help cause/increase bacterial/fungal infections when a bruise is incurred.

Back
Top Bottom