Sick apisto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malupoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys,

About a week ago my cockatoo apisto came down ill. I noticed a clear lump near his gill the day after a water change. And then the next day again his gill was flaired up and he has very deep labored breathing.
So I took some photos to my lfs and asked if it was gill flukes. They said yes and so I medicated appropriately which unfortunately killed my otos :(
The medication I got was blue planet fluke and tape worm medication.
I have 1 more day before it says to redose the medication.

I just wanted to get some verification that it is gill flukes. I know it's impossible without scrapings but maybe someone can see something.

Behavior wise he is still responsive and eats well, colour is amazing. He did just spawn with the female maybe 1 week before this happened so I think that says water quality was good. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400293956.425608.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400294012.897475.jpg

Water parameters;

Temp: 27
Amm: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10-20
Pressurised co2
No dosing due to algae atm
Water change weekly 30-40%

I included lots of pictures and please help me save my favorite fish

That looks nasty bro.. How's he doing? Perhaps a few salt dips could help??

If he didn't have a big growth from his gill you would think he is fine.
Eats and responds well.
Do you think it's gill
Flukes and I should continue with this medication?

Right after reading your post I did a quick search... No pictures I viewed of gill flukes looked like yours.. A tumor? Fungus? If it's a tumor I'm afraid there's not much you can do.. If it's fungus than the salt dip will really help..

That was my thoughts too.
I will wait and see anyone else chimes in today and salt dip him tomorrow morning

Looks like he will die today. When lights came on he was on his side laying on a leaf breathing pretty horribly.

Awww bummer man, did you try salt dip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He got too bad before I could try. was listless and couldn't move. He died yesterday :(

I found out what it was too late though. Cauliflower disease.

Sorry man. That's a tough loss, I know how attached you can get to these Lil guys..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom