Sick Balloon molly help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gcard03

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been in the fish keeping hobby for 3 months but I need help so i recently bought a Balloon molly and it was good until I got home in the bag it started to attack the bag and I acclimated it and when it got in the tank it started swarming the corners of the tank and now a week after I bought and acclimated it to my tank it is now being weird it rolls in my tank, and wiggles out of control. Please help I'm concerned for my fish.

Please take a read through the "unhealthy fish" sticky and give as much detail as you are able.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

It highly likely you arent cycled. What do you know about the nitrogen cycle? Did you cycle the tank? If so, how? Or have you never heard of cycling and this is the first time you are hearing about it?
No my fish tank has been cycled for 2 months, I bought preconditioned water and add 5 drops off prime a week and also recently did a water change it's still sick, i notice that it will behave normally like swimming around slowly and it will out of no where swim to the side of the tank uncontrollably and also it does this weird thing it does like a sort of flop underwater like it lays in the sand and rolls and starts swimming I believe it has swim bladder disease.

Last edited:
None of what you did will cycle a tank. I think there is a misunderstanding on how to cycle a tank on your part.

Also, you havent answered the questions posed in the sticky.

Swim bladder issues can have several causes, poor water quality is a likely cause. Without knowing the answers to those questions, we dont know what to rule out or what to suggest to help fix the problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom