Sick Betta HELPP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SquiddyBoi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, my betta is sinking, and struggling to swim. He also will barely eat, and wont even try to even if the food happens to sink right nest to him. HELPP MEEE.

What size tank? What are the water parameters? Is he alone in the tank? How often are you feeding him/when was the last time he ate and how much did he eat before? Any swelling or spots?

--

Without any more information, don't try and give him food. Do a fast day and a water change. Maybe lower the water a bit if possible so he can get to the surface more easily. Make sure the temperature is good for him. After the fasting period, see if he'll eat some frozen daphnia. (If you can't find the frozen daphnia, go with shelled cooked pea. Freeze dried daphnia isn't worth it, IMO.) That may help him move things along if his stomach is blocked.

What size tank? What are the water parameters? Is he alone in the tank? How often are you feeding him/when was the last time he ate and how much did he eat before? Any swelling or spots?

--

Without any more information, don't try and give him food. Do a fast day and a water change. Maybe lower the water a bit if possible so he can get to the surface more easily. Make sure the temperature is good for him. After the fasting period, see if he'll eat some frozen daphnia. (If you can't find the frozen daphnia, go with shelled cooked pea. Freeze dried daphnia isn't worth it, IMO.) That may help him move things along if his stomach is blocked.

He’s Dead now☹️

I`am sorry to read of His Passing.

He’s Dead now☹️

I have a deep thank so for My betta ,I`ve put the quite filter up above the water as much as I can ,I `ve focused the water to go down a clear one inch tube so the force of the water goes to the bottom ,at that point it`s very small bubbles.I found he lives in the whole tank and plays a lot with HIs fake rock that has holes though it.with out the filter running he stays near the top and does not do much at all.When you processed the grief . Maybe a another Betta will pick, just you .With that special Betta wink.

Back
Top Bottom