Sick Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbarton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Juwel 350 litre tank with 406 external filter and internal filter. Water parameters are as follows: Ammonia 0, Nitrate 15, Nitrite 0 and ph 7.8. Tank been set up and fully cycled now for 5 months. Using API Master test kit expiry date 2018.

Here goes.....

I purchased 8 African Peacocks and all were doing well then i stupidly purchased another 8 and yes.....i did not quarantine them as at the time did not have a hospital tank.

End result....i am loosing fish, was around 1 per week but not lost any now for 2 weeks. Symptoms are, flicking which i have not observed in a while, rapid gill movement then death. I was told from many Facebook forums my fish have gill fluke? After death i checked the gills and they appeared red.

Medications: so far i have used waterlife sterizin, esha 2000 and gdx, Fluke Solve(vetark) I contacted vet who made this medication and she also confirmed possible gill fluke and now i have used Kushuri Wormer Plus and interpet 9 for bacterial. Things started to look up and last fish lost was 26th December but since yesturday they have again started to develop rapid breathing?

Any suggestions before i give up on these fish....:hide::(

I would suggest Praziquentel "prazipro" which i BELIEVE and im not sure but i believe you can get in the UK or AUS for gill flukes. They are nasty little buggars and can kill a fish from suffocation.

Back
Top Bottom