Sick clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redrdr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there. Please help if you can. I have a 60 gallon saltwater tank with two clowns and a cleaner shrimp. I came back from a trip and they were not themselves. I think they may have Ich. One was lying on the sand and the other looked to have white around his mouth. I changed the charcoal to zeolite. They seem to be a bit better. I have a quarantine tank set up already. Just wanted to get advice for treatment. I do have formalin but have never used it. Please help. I'll include some pics. The last pic is my smaller one, he wouldn't come out. The other pics are of my female. Thanks.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450172684.346711.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450172694.460621.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450172709.094141.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450172722.663619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does the white look like grains of salt, like a fine white dusting or like torn skin & slimy?

If it is grains of salt it is ich, if a fine dust, oodinium (marine velvet) and the last one would be clown fish disease/ brookynella and needs to be treated ASAP as it move fast and is fatal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklynella_hostilis
Clownfish Disease: Brooklynella Diagnosis and Treatment
Brooklynellosis (Clownfish Disease): A Subtle, Fast-Moving Killer

but it's been 5 days and maybe already too late, sorry

It's alright, thankfully they are both fine. I just think they were stressed from me being gone for a few days. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom