Sick Clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhart032

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i have 2 clowns in a new tank and their top fin closes to their head seems jagged. i havnt noticed this in the past. any ideas? i cant get any pic to come out to show.. they are eatting and swimming well, my water is in great condition all is in normal range water temp is good...
Matt

After ferther review its just the male clown, i think the female is picking on him. hes has been more aggresive twards the food and keeping her away from me when im in the tank. but he will come up to me but runs her off well tries to. i think maybe shes doing something to him. btw these clowns have been togeather for 2 years. is this normal?
Matt

The larger one is the female. Have they bred at all?

I would just keep an eye on them and be sure your water is in good shape. Other then that clowns can be rough on each other.

Ok, thanks for the help. im not so stressed about it now.
thanks again for the quick responses..
Matt

Remember any time you get some aggression turn the lights out for a few hours and/or move the rock around so they will pay more attention to their surroundind and not each other.

Ok good advice.. ill do that.. they seem ok now.. their swimming together with no signs aggression

It could also be the female showing her dominance over the male.

Back
Top Bottom