Sick Clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, I have two clowns in my main tank. I thought they had some ich, but wasn't 100% so I gave it 48 hours and took precautions by raising the temp to 82 - 83.5 daily flux. Today the spots I took for ich are gone, however I have noticed a few things I would like to ask about.
1.) Lots of body scars. (cleaner shrimp removing scales?)
2.) Both clowns have bleached out noses and chins, one shows "whisker" like white growth under the chin maybe 1mm long in two spots.

The clowns are energetic and eating fine. My green chromis and purple tang show none of these symptoms. I have noticed the clowns acting more aggressive to one another over the last week as well. One swims about the tank and charges the other on sight. The other spends a great deal of time in hiding. When the one clown does charge at the other there is no fighting, just a "chase you into your hole" type behavior. Any help? Thanks for taking the time to look.

I think they get pretty aggressive while breeding and include such behaviors...but I'm not sure. Mine do the same thing, but no missing scales or funky parasites hanging out of their chin... 8O

Back
Top Bottom