Sick coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boolay1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got this coral at the weekend, it opened right up the first day but now is like this even when i put it at the top or bottom of tank.... Any ideas?

image-4121111437.jpg

Is it hard to the touch? Did you put it on the sand bed? What kind of lights.

Doesn't look healthy IMO, I have a brain garden on my sand bed and I had one that looked like that and it got worse. I eventually took it out and brought it back to my buddy, it never came back.

I'd keep a close on it. It almost looks like the skeleton is starting to show.

EDIT:

What about flow? Have you checked your parameters? Also I got this off of the app pocket reef which is a awesome app btw...

They can be aggressive if placed too close to other corals and can emit chemical toxins that will irritate other corals in the tank. These do best if placed in the substrate or floor and will expand and contract during lighting periods to increase surface area and take full advantage of the light. This LPS needs high levels of calcium in the tank to grow.

Last edited:
I would place it low and keep an eye on it, it may take a little time to adjust to lighting and parameters so be patient. I had a favia that took a few weeks to open fully. Also watch it at lights out and see if it extends at all, if so it's trying to feed. This is also a good time to try to target feed some mysis or brine shrimp to stimulate it.

Back
Top Bottom