Sick Danio (Septicemia?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliLav

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Zebra Danio, which I have had for at least 2 years, has been swimming strangely (vertically, slowly) today, and it looks like he has internal bleeding! There is no apparent injury or scratch on the outside of his body. When I first noticed I added API Melafix, and I just returned from my local pet store where I picked up API FURAN-2, which I have just dosed my tank with. Any advice will be super helpful!

Other facts - 10 gallon planted tank, with red platys and some cory cats (all seem to be acting/eating normally). I recently added a new rock and new plants, which admittedly I did not clean before adding to the tank. My female Albino Cory Cat died yesterday (have had for over 2 years also) with no apparent illness/injury before or after death. I have been feeding my fish frozen bloodworms a couple times a week for the last 2 weeks, along with flakes daily. I did about a 15-20% water change 2 days ago, and conditioned the water I put in the tank as normal. I currently only have an ammonia test kit, so I am not sure/able to check my water parameters this evening. PLEASE HELP! (Also, what is the best way to sanitize/clean plants before adding, I have reviewed videos etc but would like to hear from people about personal preference/experience)
hEu2M

Back
Top Bottom