Sick dragon goby urgent!!! :cry:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragon.goby

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today after I added some water to my 45 gallon brackish tank and forgot to put in my tap water conditioner :eek: I remembered about 2 hours later and quickly added the chemicals (it was only 2 gallons of water btw.) and about at 9:30 i realized that something was wrong with my dragon goby (Sir Francis). He was in the corner of the tank with his head sticking out of the water and he was slouched back. I poked him very softly on his mouth and he frantically swam away into his cave. A couple mins later he was in the same corner doing the same thing. I put some food in his tank and he usually tries to get it as fast as possible but instead he ignored it. After him floating around in the corner he was just floating, like he was standing, in the middle of the tank. I poked him again and this time he didn't swim away. I thought for sure he was dead. I poked him a few more times and he didn't move a muscle. I was just about it call it quits and he swam away more energetic than ever. I added some stress coat (the suggested dosage) and nothing has changed. He's just floating, then swimming, then floating, then swimming. What should I do? I love this guy/girl to death and losing him would kill me :(

Have you increased aeration for extra O2 and tested the water in case bb were lost? Unfortunately I can't think of a magic bullet once the damage is done.

Ok so he/she is perfectly fine now. I tested my water and it's perfect. I have no idea what happened. But I'm so happy he is ok.

Without fish, what would be the point in life?

Back
Top Bottom