Sick female betta :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lain w

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My little girl has been losing her active personality over the last few weeks and I just don't know what to do. She was moved from her small tank to this one over a month ago and was doing really great. Now she is bloated and just hides in the corner, breathing heavy. The tank is a five gallon that I got at the beginning of summer. It has been running since the end of June. I moved her in after my male betta past away. The tank gets cleaned every three weeks and about a third of the water comes out. The temperature is sitting at 76. It is a sand base and planted quite heavily. Other tank mates are two corries. Ammonia is at zero, pH just over seven, Kh is between 40-80 (I think this is low the test strip is a lil inbetween), Gh is at 60, no nitrite or nitrate. She doesn't have any fungus or spotting. Her stomach is swollen, as if she swallowed a pea. Scales are in place. She is eating nutrafin betta food, but will sometimes go for the corie shrimp pellets. Is she dying of constipation, I haven't seen her eat in forever (a week). 1598713819039.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom