sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eva1313

Aquarium Advice Activist
Went on vacation had boyfriend (who knows how to care for my tank) take care of my tank. Came home and saltwater was at 1.028. Put fresh water in have it back down to 1.025. My goby looks very very sick. The water had evaporated down so low. It was bad. I have the water levels back to normal. What else can i do to save my poor fish?

How long have you had it? Was it okay prior to leaving? What was it being fed while you were gone and is it eating now? Doesn't seem like a spike in salinity for a short period would do too much.

Ok so he got better for a few days now he is sick again. Today i turned on my light and there are tons of tiny things swimming in my tank. Are they parasites baby fish idk im so worried

If you can see them, it is most likely not a parasite. It's been a few days since your last post, any update? I'm a little curious what they were. If fish, that's awesome!!

They were baby clown fish! Sorry took so long to post. Its summer so im out n about more often. Also found out my mandarin goby loses his color naturally at night when he sleeps so he wasnt sick at all.

They were baby clown fish! Sorry took so long to post. Its summer so im out n about more often. Also found out my mandarin goby loses his color naturally at night when he sleeps so he wasnt sick at all.

Do you have enough pods for him to eat? He might be starving.

He is not staring he eats lobster larvae and black worms. I watch him eat them daily. He gets like that when i turn the lights off.

Yes all mandarins lose there color at night it helps them blend in since they sleep wherever they want to.

Randy! Where have you been all my life? I had asked about that months ago and everyone kept telling me to check the water and he was sick or not eating. I had been so worried. I made a educated guess n just figured it was him sleeping.

That is the mandarins defense mechanism. All fish have one his just tends to be a boring one. I have two of them, both being the longest residents in my tank. They even made it through a crash when everything else did not. They have both become a real dark shade of there true colors soon after the lights go out.

I see. Im not sure if that's the best idea. Your not suppose to have two in the same tank under 150 gallons because if they don't pair instantly they will fight. Also if you can't get this one too eat prepared food (good job on getting your first one to eat) you really need to have a well seeded tank. But try it just watch them closely the first week or so if they fight take the new one out then because they will not stop and one will end up dying.

Back
Top Bottom