Sick GoldFish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I need help my two gold fish are sick,
They don't swim and when they do they both swim in an agressive manner. One of them has like red bruises, and the other one started to develop it as well on its back fin. I have changed the water I don't know what it possible could of cause this.

Do they have white little spots on them? Could be ich. If there just hanging out at the bottom of the the tank not moving and when they do looks like a twitch I would say ich.

Sick Goldfish

Yes they both do tiny white dots, and streaks of blood on its back fin.

Last edited:
Picture's would help with the diagnosis. All tanks have parasites, but just like humans afish with a healthy slime coat and immune system will fight them off. Stress is almost always a factor in fish disease.

What size tank do you have? Goldfish (fancys) require 20 gallons for the first gf and 10 gallons for each additional one.

What kind of goldfish?

What kind and how much filtration?
What frequency and amount of water changes? Goldfish are an extremely messy fish with a large bioload. Really only suitable for large tanks or ponds.

Are they the only inhabitants of the tank?

What temperature to you keep them at.

Did you cycle your tank, and do you understand the nitrogen cycle?

If you're new to fishkeeping here is a good thread to read on getting started and the nitrogen cycle.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154837

Back
Top Bottom