sick gourami)':

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lexilove

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 2 pink kissing gourami today. one is super healthy and happy adjusting. the other justs sits at the bottom of my tank adn his scales look like thier peeling off. i tried to feed him but he didnt come to eat. i am worried if he is sick that he will infect the rest of my fish.
please help, thank you!:)

No help?
Please guys! I got a pic of her.

Attachments

• image-3338231169.jpg
    image-3338231169.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 63
If his scales sort of look like a pine one it's called dropsy and yes he could potentially infect the other fish. Quarantine!

Do I need to move him in another tank? The only thing I have is a 1.5 g

I moved him. I'm at a friends house so I'll be home Monday

Well got a text saying he died this morning. I will be going to petsmart on Friday to exchange him. My mistake that I didn't look at him when they handed him to me. Was really busy with the store lady talking in one ear, little boys following me around looking at my cousins eel and trying to find their food too

Well got a text saying he died this morning. I will be going to petsmart on Friday to exchange him. My mistake that I didn't look at him when they handed him to me. Was really busy with the store lady talking in one ear, little boys following me around looking at my cousins eel and trying to find their food too

Sorry to hear that Lexi. I would hold off on getting any others for a few weeks. Dropsy is a symptom and you should hold off till you can be sure that your other fish is okay. I know petsmart has a guarantee, could you perhaps take the fish back and ask for store credit to use when your sure the other gourami is okay?

FishontheRock said:
Sorry to hear that Lexi. I would hold off on getting any others for a few weeks. Dropsy is a symptom and you should hold off till you can be sure that your other fish is okay. I know petsmart has a guarantee, could you perhaps take the fish back and ask for store credit to use when your sure the other gourami is okay?

Okay. My other gourami is fine. Active, hungry, perfect appearance, perfect attitude. All my other fish are fine too. The sick one was in for less than a day and was never near any other fish. He would just sit by the heater or on a plant. I really like the pink kissing gourami I have so I'm willing to do anything to keep him healthy if that means he has to be alone for a bit then that's fine:) and I'll ask pet smart about that

Scratch that... My other one since this morning has been getting the bubbly scales like the other one!!!:((

Lexilove said:
Scratch that... My other one since this morning has been getting the bubbly scales like the other one!!!:((

That's why I warned to hold off on new fish. Dropsy is generally the last symptom of some other problem. So the fish can seem fine even if they aren't. I wish I could help more with treating the underlying issue but it's hard to know what it is with dropsy symptoms.

Actually my moms bf came over today and helped me out. He said ich... I agreed we found it on 3 other fish. I didn't have the heart to do it so he got rid of them but we are still gonna treat the tank. I didn't wanna kill the fish but I really don't want mollies anymore which were the ones that caught it so :( just wait until next time I'm at petsmart I got a few words for them

Lexilove said:
Actually my moms bf came over today and helped me out. He said ich... I agreed we found it on 3 other fish. I didn't have the heart to do it so he got rid of them but we are still gonna treat the tank. I didn't wanna kill the fish but I really don't want mollies anymore which were the ones that caught it so :( just wait until next time I'm at petsmart I got a few words for them

Im sorry to hear that. I'll bet you they had something else as well as the ick. Ick generally doesn't develop pine one scales and bloating as was seen in that first picture.

The best way to prevent this is to quarantine. It's not expensive to have a bare 5 or 10g ready and you'll have it if you need a hospital tank.

Yeah I agree problem I run into though is a have a small bedroom and that's where all my tanks are including a 55 I'm gonna get and I still have to build my stands for all of them so I'm a little stuck but getting the ich treatment tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom