Sick Kole Tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenturtle

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I got a kole tang from liveaquaria yesterday and he is in my 10 gallon QT. I know the tank is too small but is he is very young. He will eventually go into my 90 gallon reef. He seemed to have acclimated to the tank well, and I am not currently doing hypo. One thing that is odd is that he will not eat. I have offered NLS pellets and dried seaweed, but no response. Also, there are some colorless patches on his body and forehead. It is not flakey, but it looks like a disease of some sort. Sorry no pictures. Any ideas?

He also has some scratches on his tail and dorsal (?) fin, so they could just be scars from a tank mate. But that doesnt really explain why he will not eat.

FYI there is some algae growing on the heater, and he hasnt touched it. All parameters are good, except for pH which is 8.0.

Well, none of my fish ate at first either. It takes them a few days to let the stress wear off. You should try some live brine/mysis shrimp from a LFS; my tangs ate it (when I had them :( )

And I think your pH is fine. I don't know about the patches unless his color is changing. Sorry.

I would go with some mysis or vitamin fortified brine and some dried seaweed. As mentioned give them some time to acclimate.

ahh nice you got a kole tang. Gl with it and i am sure its just needs time (like everything else in our hobby) he will eat once his stress level is lowered.

Back
Top Bottom