Sick Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I just noticed this ??? on my Kribensis eye yesterday. She has been acting pretty normal apart from hiding out in her cave a bit more. I have no clue about diseases/infections or how or what to threat with. These are the best shots I could get of her....Any and all help/advice is very much appreciated... Ian

Attachments

• DSCF7478.jpg
    DSCF7478.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF7477.jpg
    DSCF7477.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
Hi Ian! Can you tell us some more about whats going on here? How do your parameters look? Is it only one eye or both eyes? I can not tell from the pics but is it simply cloudy or is it actually fuzzy/stringy and has growth protruding from it? How does it look today? Thanks!

Hi Ian! Can you tell us some more about whats going on here? How do your parameters look? Is it only one eye or both eyes? I can not tell from the pics but is it simply cloudy or is it actually fuzzy/stringy and has growth protruding from it? How does it look today? Thanks!
Hey Jessica, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately she didn't make it. I was away last night and when I got home this morning I checked on her and she was dead. I just checked the water and everything is fine. I have not added any fish to the tank in about 2mths, so i'm a bit baffled. Her eye appeared to be cloudy not fuzzy/stringy. The eye was swollen. I checked it when I removed her and her eye was have cloudy. I was getting one of my tanks ready to house her and treat it. She was a beautiful fish, with amazing colours. Just for reference, as I know nothing about Meds, what treatments are best to have on hand??

I am so sorry, Ian! :(

Suggesting meds in your case is a bit difficult as Ireland is one of the countries with strict limits on fish meds (need a script). I know theres quite few general tonic-type meds (Interpret is one brand but theres few others). I dont know how easy it it would be for you to buy meds overseas or the legality of doing this and can not advise on this topic. A friend of mine in England regularly buys meds from the US/other countries but its quite costly and shipping takes weeks or longer. You may want to look into finding an aquatic veterinarian or a general vet that would be willing to help you in the future if you encounter issues that require immediate attention.

I am so sorry, Ian! :(

Suggesting meds in your case is a bit difficult as Ireland is one of the countries with strict limits on fish meds (need a script). I know theres quite few general tonic-type meds (Interpret is one brand but theres few others). I dont know how easy it it would be for you to buy meds overseas or the legality of doing this and can not advise on this topic. A friend of mine in England regularly buys meds from the US/other countries but its quite costly and shipping takes weeks or longer. You may want to look into finding an aquatic veterinarian or a general vet that would be willing to help you in the future if you encounter issues that require immediate attention.
Thanks Jessica. I wasn't aware of the strict limits, as thankfully I haven't needed any yet. I would like to have some on hand for the most common disease but I don't even know what disease's are most common. I am aware of a couple like, ich, cotton mouth, fin rot. That's about it and I don't know what meds I would use to treat any of these. If you could give me the names of a few brands I would be so grateful and I could then go from there and research and check the availability of them in Ireland... I always appreciated your help and advice... Thanks, Ian

Back
Top Bottom