Sick Molly Fish! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhantomPotato

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So yesterday I found my white lyre tailed female molly laying on her side on the bottom of the tank. She’s lived for quite a few years, so I figured she had died. But when I grabbed my net to remove her, she just kinda just, came back to life? She really looked dead, and a moment later she was swimming around like normal. She didn’t look injured or anything thing, so, confused, I left her alone. Maybe an hour later, I found her on her back. Figuring again that she was dead, I took the net, but turns she’s alive. This happens once again before I go to sleep that evening. I figured she would die during the night, and sure enough, the next morning she was upside down at the bottom of the tank. I grabbed my next to take her out, and she was alive. This time she didn’t swim as far away, and stayed near the bottom. This time, I noticed that there was a red splotch on her back. This splotch extends around her belly like a ring. I didn’t see any bloating, but there is something grey on one of her sides. I don’t have any pictures yet, but I will share them when I do. I will be quarantining her in a ten gallon. Any ideas on what it is, how I can treat her and suggestion for the quarantine tank would be appreciated. Thanks.

Forgot to mention that I am doing a full water change tomorrow cause that’s the soonest I will have time, and tonight I am picking stuff up for the quarantine and setting it up tomorrow as well. I don’t have school so I have time.

Oh and the red patch doesn’t look like a scrape or bite wound so I think it might be parasites maybe or irritation.

Back
Top Bottom