Sick molly!? help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Berlioz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, new to the forum and not quite sure where I've posted this bit used to the app yet.

I've attached a couple of pics to the thread I have a Dalmatian Molly that is swimming upright constantly unless she is resting at the top. Shes showing signs of pregnancy but nothing has appeared all levels in tank fine I've treated it for a whole bunch of things several times including swim bladder as I was told that's what's wrong but she is still swimming upright (tail up) can anyone suggest what could be the problem and a possible cure/solution? The other fish are fine the tank seems fine levels all good but she's been like this for months......**sorry for the bad quality picture had to use my phone**

Attachments

• image-1748297011.jpg
    image-1748297011.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image-438383945.jpg
    image-438383945.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 54
Beautiful Molly!

I would of said swim bladder, I don't know much about it but could it of gotten to a stage past treating? Sorry I'm not of any help, maybe someone else would know more, I've got mollies and never had this problem

Well it's the first time I've come across it too I'm not worried as she seems a happy little fish it's getting to the point where it's just irritating that she can't swim right lol thank you though

swim bladder is hard to treat, and most of the time if the fish can eat, and move around without a lot of trouble then just let them be. but im not sure if that is an issue

is the issue. whats your water look like? ph ammonia nitrite hardness ect.

Checked them yesterday they were fine I was told on another forum yesterday that the way she is holding herself her prob is swim bladder and is just past the point of repair bit she seems happy so fingers crossed :)

Back
Top Bottom