Sick? Or just female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401847183.386437.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401847200.877812.jpg

Wondering if you can tell me why these two are so fat? Activity level is great, they're swimming with their schools, they are both the biggest pigs I've ever met.

Will check the levels if needed but I just checked two days ago and every thing was in normal range.

I don't see any white spots on them are their? if no clamped fins or stressed looking i would say maybe pregnant females or maybe not and nothing to be concerned about.?

If they are still active within their schools, they should be gravid (not pregnant!!! That only applies to livebearers) females. The only other condition that you should be on the watch for would be constipation. If you are seeing them pooping as much as eating, then just enjoy their plumpness ;)

Hope this helps

Thanks! I call the danio big momma because she (I'm pretty sure) is the one spawning every week. My tank isn't the right conditions for the rasbora to spawn so what happen then? She just carries those eggs forever?

Thanks! I call the danio big momma because she (I'm pretty sure) is the one spawning every week. My tank isn't the right conditions for the rasbora to spawn so what happen then? She just carries those eggs forever?

To answer your questions in order: Nothing, Yes ;) ( No need to say more :whistle:)

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom