Sick or normal pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deminox

Aquarium Advice Regular
He's a very active eater, doesn't like greenbeans, only zucchini and baby spinach so far (plus wafers) and he behaves normally. ..so why am i wondering if he is sick? I recently saw red on his belly, i don't remember seeing it there before, but he's not often on the front glass, he loves the back tank glass by the filters (plural, 30 and a 20 for my 29 gal tank with 2 ryukin fancytails).

He's not acting sick yet, but if this is an early warning sign than I'd rather catch it early than too late. .

Oh and water levels have been testing fine, year and a half old tank setup. No spikes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1427754166192.jpg
    1427754166192.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 53
test the water again and post up the results. that is a lot of fish poo for a 29 gallon tank.

I just got it tested yesterday. No spike of anything. Amonia, nitrates, nitrites, you name it it's clear. The excess is also why i run dual filters, and i have my water changes and vacs down to a science. I don't think it's a water quality issue, unless it's from the tap water having a problem itself, though i use conditioner and let it sit for a day before adding. (I prefill gallons at a time. )

I'm just not sure if it's a bacteria thing, or maybe my town has hard water or what... or maybe this is what he normally looks like and i just never see it?

so are you saying you have zero readings for everything? are you getting it tested at a local store with test strips?

Pleco has a chunk of driftwood he loves to chew.

As far as water tests, not the strips but the liquid drops only. Everything has been testing beautiful for a year.

The main question is. .judging by the image i attached, is that a sign to be concerned of or is that just pleco belly normally?

Back
Top Bottom