Sick peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki

Aquarium Advice Freak
So as I have mentioned before my work has cichlids in a tank well they bough two new ones in yesterday and over night one got beaten pretty bad so I took him home.

He is now having problems staying off his back, I keep flipping him up right. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Attachments

• image-3185554010.jpg
    image-3185554010.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 91
It would kill it instantly, I wouldnt consider that cruel, if you can handle doing it

Well he is pretty pathetic there in the corner just breathing leaning on a plant to stay up right

Cruel for the fish and cruel for the human are two different things. I would put the poor thing out of its misery in whatever manner you can handle.

I would put him in a ziplock baggy and into the freezer, after five- ten minutes put the bag in the trash. Simple, easy, yet effective.

I know it's just so hard, especially when we pay a fish store tons of money to care for the fish at work and then they put cichlids in a tank that will fight!

It has been done, he no longer lives :-(

I ended up putting him in the freezer.... I'm a wimp....couldn't do the hammer....as for a hamster oh my I would be devastated!

Just such a waste when I seen him the day before and he was a really handsome fish! Fell in love!

On a plus side I convinced my work to change the tank to community fish...gonna take alot of fish to fill a 120-150g tank

Back
Top Bottom