Sick Rainbow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlantis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,
I have a 90 gallon planted tank that has been up and running for about 2 months. Over the last 4 days or so, I've had a Bosemini Rainbow who has developed a white "spot" toward the tail end of its body. It doesn't appear to be very raised as depending on the light, you can't really see it. The fish is eating and swimming normally, although does seem to be spending more and more time swimming in the corner and away from the other 3 Rainbows. The fish has been in the tank about 3 weeks. Levels are all close to 0 and I've been doing several 40-50% water changes over a couple of days just to be safe. Temp is about 78F. I suspected it might be fungus but have yet to treat. I have some pimafix but I know its not good on my gouramis. I don't see any signs on any other fish. I have noticed one tiny whitespot on the top of the Rainbow but I would expect ich to present differently. Other fish include 2 pearl gouramis and some neons...nothing that seems to suggest damage from other fish other than the rainbows do tend to chase each other around once in a while.

I've attached two pictuers...although they are not all that great...rainbows are fast buggers and my bright lights tend to wash out the image. Anyone have any suggestions? I haven't done any meds yet...I also haven't QT'd it yet which I may regret but the QT tank is all set up for a set of rams I've had on order for a while.

Any suggestions on what this could be?

Attachments

• IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 51
Sorry...should mention levels are ammonia - 0, nitrite - 0 and nitrate < 20
(I know "close to 0" won't cut it with ammonia and nitrites :) )

Back
Top Bottom