Sick Red Line Torpedo Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyMinions

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

I seem to have an issue going on with my tank. I first discovered white spot a couple of weeks ago so I have treated the tank and followed all of the instructions on how to do so. It has resulted in me loosing five tiger barbs and a silver shark. All I have left is two Bolivian Butterfly Rams a red fin shark and two torpedo barbs, the barbs don't seem to be very happy at all they seem to be staying in one spot with their heads pointing down and swimming on about a 45 degree angle, they still eat when they are fed but not as vigorously as they have in the past. I have tested all of my water levels and it is all perfect... Any clues?

My tiger barbs sometimes sit vertical after eating and swim on their side. It's weird. Are they still doing it?

Yea my tiger barbs did that too. My torpedo barbs just don't look 100% any more, the were once very lively and swam around all over the place but now the are just floating there in suspended animation. :-(

By two torpedo barbs I assume you mean Denison Barbs? If so, they need to be in a shoal with ideally other Denison Barbs ... but in my tank I found if they are with other Barbs of their Genus (Puntius) they seem happy. I started with one and it was content to be the only Denison at the time.

How many TigerBards do you have left? If I read it right ... they all died correct? So now you have two Denison Barbs by themselves without other Barbs to shoal with. If you have the space (Denisons can get 6") try adding another 2. Or maybe add some more TigerBarbs, Black Ruby or Odessa Barbs
so the Denison's have other Barbs with them.

Back
Top Bottom