Silent Whisper air pump--good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen those on amazon but not tried one yet. They have pretty strong reviews.

I don't think any air pump is going to be "silent" but you can get some that are much quiter than others. From my expierence with an air pump on an air stone the noise seems to come from the resonance of the air in the tank against the glass if that makes any sense. Basically the pump isn't the problem it's the force of the air coming out of the stone in the tank that is amplified throught the glass if it is attached. It seems that if it is free floating it isn't loud, but once attached to the glass via diction cups the noise is quite loud, which is why I run my stone during the day while I'm gone and turn it off at night.

I'm not particularly worried about noise, as I don't sleep in that room. I just wanted to see if that particular pump works well, as I want to add some oxygen in my 55g. I now have a couple of Golden Dojos and want to be sure they have enough water movement as I read they need good flow.

They're great, I've had one running on my water barrel for months. Totally silent..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the larger and smaller of these tucked away in my stands... as long as they rest on their feet and nothing is resting against them they are pretty quiet. I wouldn't say silent, but the room has to be fairly quiet to hear them. Mind you mine are in cabinet style stands...

Back
Top Bottom