Silverdollars eating shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will Silverdollars eat shrimp
Also will a full grown fatty Siamese algae eater eat shrimp?
Might as well ask about neons even though I highly doubt it.

silver dollars will definitely eat shrimp, the algae eater will eat young shrimp as would the neons. what kind of shrimp were you thinking?

Anything really... I think I'll forget about the shrimp and just load it with neons.

if your tank is mature enough, you could try a bamboo shrimp. otherwise any decorative shrimp is likely to get eaten, unless there is an immense amount of hiding spots. neons are great, though, i love seeing large schools of them :)

I'll admit to what I did. I cleaned all my tanks yesterday and basically played musical tanks :) I took 2 Silverdollars about 1 and a half inches and a massive sae( she's a fatty ) and put them in this 10g, yikes but they got tons of half eaten Anubis nana and java fern on a beautiful piece of drift wood. The piece of wood looks man made it's so cool! So they got the plants and got to escape my mbuna lol! Although my sae is a punk to the mbuna :| Im aware of the size a sd can get and I'm sorry for this terrible crime...
But does anyone know the min tank size for sd's?

Minimum tank size for a group of fish that can grow to the size of CD's? I have mine in a 220, started with 3 in a 75 then added a couple more as they grew larger. When we moved into this house last year I swapped fish/tanks around, and put them and my super red severums from the 125 into the 220. More recently added 5 more silver dollars to the group, only half the size of the older ones but they all hang together.

I knew they got big. This is temp anyways so im not concerned too much.

Back
Top Bottom