since when do bolivians cost more than german blues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
well at both of my LFS's the bolivian rams are now more expensive than the german blues??? since when? the bolivian's are $11.99 and german blues are $7.99.....thats really weird!?!

At the Jack's Aquarium in Findlay, OH, white cloud minnows are 2.49 EACH 8O i think it really just depends on which store you go to. I generally look at 2 or 3 different stores around here when I want to buy a new fish, I find the cheapest and nicest looking fish I can. It's weird too how much the quality and prices change at each store like month to month.

The usual price difference is about $2.00 higher for GBR's. Does this store always have Bolivians in stock? Seems the price is up a bit due to weather. I have no answer for the GBR's unless they have an overstock of them.

The cheapest I have found Bolivians here is 7.99 at Wally Mart. The next cheapest LFS they are about 11.99 for a pretty large sized fish. The cheapest I have found GBR's is 15.99 for a TINY fish. I can't beleive the prices of fish here! I only go to the LFS as a last resort. I prefer to buy from other hobbyists in my aquarium society. I can get a GBR there for about $3 and a Bolivian For $2.

yes they allway's have BOTH and I went to 2 diff. LFS's
my bolivian ram was $1.99 but I got it at petsmart and they were on clearence...

Bolivians are more expensive here too.. $9.99/$7.49.

For the store I work at, it depends on the store's cost from the supplier.

It really depends where you go... if you go to a big box store it may be less than a store that quarantines all their stock for 2 weeks. You will get a healthier fish that way and will have to pay more... fish aren't like dvd's or camaros.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom