Sinking floating food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
i bought some hikari gold without looking if it sank or floated by accident. I got home plopped a few in and they didn't sink! Anyway its too late to return them, so is there anyway to geth them to sink or should i just go buy sinking pellets. Also do hikari gold come in sinking pellets or should i change? Thanks

i bought some hikari gold without looking if it sank or floated by accident. I got home plopped a few in and they didn't sink! Anyway its too late to return them, so is there anyway to geth them to sink or should i just go buy sinking pellets. Also do hikari gold come in sinking pellets or should i change? Thanks

What kind of fish do you have and do they not take it off the surface? Usually they'll sink on their own after a while, or just drop them into the tank into the filter return flow.

If your feeding goldfish which is what I'm guessing, you can presoak the pellets to help waterlog them so they sink better. You can finish using the bag if you want but I'd add cooked, deshelled, frozen peas about every 3rd day to help keep things moving through their system. I've bought floating pellets before and it drives me nuts.

What kind of fish do you have and do they not take it off the surface? Usually they'll sink on their own after a while, or just drop them into the tank into the filter return flow.

Sorry about that, I have African cichlids, they eat most of them but soon tire of picking at it, my other food was sinking which is why I asked. I imagine they'll get used to it, and so will I

Sorry about that, I have African cichlids, they eat most of them but soon tire of picking at it, my other food was sinking which is why I asked. I imagine they'll get used to it, and so will I

And the food is pellets, right?

You could take a pinch and slosh it in the water as you feed them, then they'll sink

Back
Top Bottom