size of filter??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfriend5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i baught a 29 gallon kit from walmart and the filter doesnt seem to be cleaning my tank very well.... i have an african dwarf frog that needs to come up for air so i cant put anything with a strong current.does anyone have any suggestions?? should i get stronger pump and move my frog?or will a stronger pump be ok with him in there?:confused:

Often, the 'kits' you buy have an underpowered filter with them. I would get an aquaclear 30 to add, or an aquaclear 50 or 70 and just run it with the other filter for a couple weeks, then remove the other filter. I don't think flow will be a problem, and they're adjustable anyways.

+2 for a big AquaClear. I have an AC70 on my 29g and it's fantastic. You can adjust the flow, so if you're torn, go with the bigger filter.

I have the same kit from Walmart and it came with the Aqua-tech 20-40 i believe, I replaced it with an AC70, there is also plenty of room in the AC70 that I shoved the bristle looking pad and the blue part of the cartrige (cut it out) in the media compartment. There is more than enough room. I wanted to run both filter together but there is not enough room for both to run together but that would have been more ideal and a little less messy. Oh and I have to say it is working way better than the 20-40. Also there is a flow adjuster thingie an i put mines on the lowest setting.

Thank you all for your advice! I got a tetra30-60 from walmart(only place in small town to buy pet stuff from lol) and i already like it better,the tube goes lower down into tank and pulls from the bottom and theres 2filters in it.Of course ill have to give it some time to see if its truly gonna clean my tank like i want. I also got a bubble ornament cuz i thaught itd look cool...skeleton and the bubbles tilt rum bottle up to his mouth,goes great with my shipwreck and castle. :) once again Thank You All!

Back
Top Bottom