Size power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

audifusion

Aquarium Advice Freak
800 gallon l shape

Front is 8 x 4
Side is 7x 3
Depth 30"

Flow from return pump@ 5000 gph

What size power heads should I get. And where should I put them.

Just picked up 2 doubles that do 3200 gph,2 @ 1350 gph and 2@ 800 gph

Plus I have the flow from the return which I split in two ( and could get a flow accelerator on if needed)

Current stock,

5 tangs, 1 foxface , 4 clowns, 2 dragonettes, 1 bamboo shark, 1 emperor angel

Attachments

• image-395493600.jpg
    image-395493600.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3526876801.jpg
    image-3526876801.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 108
2xMP60s on each end of the tank shooting towards the ccorner or 4xMP40s (2 on each side shooting at the corner of the tank top & bottom) & I don't know if even that will be enough haha

nyte has a good idea an expenisive one but on a tank like that i don't think cost is much of a concern

what about a wave maker? I watched a video on mrsalterwater and a guy had 400g tank 8ft long that had 4 mp 60's and they didn't work out for him. he ended up adding a large wavemaker box and 2 mp 60's.

I think Wave maker boxes would be the best bet for flow.

Unfortunately the vortech pumps won't work because I don't have the space to put them on the ends.

On the 7 ft end, there's about 1 1/4 inch between tank and wall.

8 ft end, is a viewing window.

what's the Neptune apex interface like? Is the wave maker function decent?

what about a wave box?

I have been reading about additional stress to the tank itself from wave makers too... So not too sure if I want to have waves per say, just some decent flow.

I have the reefkeeper elite from Digital Aquatics and it comes with a wavemaker for up to four pumps. i managed to get a pretty decent wave going in my tank with four powerheads but it wasnt for me so i just use 2 now utilizing the controller.

The apex I believe is very similar and I think it can control up to 4 pumps as well.

Back
Top Bottom