Sk3llys 60P Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another bucephalandra secured! Buce sp mini catherine secured! :) im up to 4 different buces now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Will be interesting to see how the buce catherinae does in your tank..
Have you received yours&any thoughts you'd like to share?

sit in silence...

No its gets shipped tomorrow so prob receive it thursday/friday

Buce flower turned out to be a bit rubbish...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436807754.946226.jpg

Catherinae buce in position...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436807793.565802.jpg

Full tank shot
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436807823.502181.jpg

Rubbish lol, not something you read every day at least on this side of the pond.
Your tank looks really good too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Def. Rubbish:p feel like submerged flowers are usually a bit lackluster?? Tanks looks really good man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Buce flower turned out to be a bit rubbish...
View attachment 275116

Catherinae buce in position...
View attachment 275117

Full tank shot
View attachment 275118

Lily pipes need cleaning, flowers rubbish, diffuser isnt clean. Tsk tsk tsk man, you oughta get on that...
^100% falsity, I kid :p tank looks truly amazing, really awesome and unique colors not only in actual light lighting but also in plants.

Lily pipes need cleaning, flowers rubbish, diffuser isnt clean. Tsk tsk tsk man, you oughta get on that...
^100% falsity, I kid :p tank looks truly amazing, really awesome and unique colors not only in actual light lighting but also in plants.

No kidding, you speak the truth and i totally agree!! The lillies are simply disgusting!! I went to clean them and the pipework sunday during WC but my girlfriend was already complaining about the time it was taking lol!! Wednesday is my midweek maintenance and second WC day so i will clean lillies and diffuser then!

Thanks for the compliments though.

I got some zebra and leopard danios in quarenteen that i bought today. Basic simple fish but they will act as dither fish. I plan on phasing out my embers and cardinals for CPD's

Rubbish lol, not something you read every day at least on this side of the pond.
Your tank looks really good too!

Thanks wrangler. I hope the word rubbish doesnt have a silly meaning over yourside!!

Def. Rubbish:p feel like submerged flowers are usually a bit lackluster?? Tanks looks really good man!

Totally lackluster!! That flower took almost 3 weeks to open!! So so disappointed. I will cut it wednesday! Cheers for the comments mate. Im so much happier with each lowering of my light intensity. Bml down to 25% power now.

Last edited by a moderator:
New fish have gone in the tank today. I understand the concept of quareneening but i figured keeping fish in a bucket would prob cause a lot if stress. Therefore increasing risk of disease.

These zebra and leopard danios are by far the most active fish ive owned. After the acclimatisation period, they are still struggling with the co2. Even though the poor things are struggling to breathe they are still zipping around everywhere as fast as they can!!

Lowered co2 ON time going forward, will gradually increase for them to adapt

Danios are crack heads man.. they'll go non stop, going to have a tough time feeding cpds with those little piggies about

Danios are crack heads man.. they'll go non stop, going to have a tough time feeding cpds with those little piggies about

Brookster is right they're incredibly active.
The only way I know of to chill them down is to dissolve some ADHD meds directly into the aquarium...

Yea im fast going off them already! Dont get me wrong i love the look and the activeness but i was led to believe they are mid level swimmers. Its clear they are top level and extreme top level at that!! In a pretty full rimless, ive had to save 3 jumpers already!! They've only been in 5 hours! Ive lowered the level an inch to preserve them at least until morning. But now as i lay here trying to get to sleep all i can hear is them splashing! Now again scrolling through looking for a replacement.....

Yea im fast going off them already! Dont get me wrong i love the look and the activeness but i was led to believe they are mid level swimmers. Its clear they are top level and extreme top level at that!! In a pretty full rimless, ive had to save 3 jumpers already!! They've only been in 5 hours! Ive lowered the level an inch to preserve them at least until morning. But now as i lay here trying to get to sleep all i can hear is them splashing! Now again scrolling through looking for a replacement.....

I recommend Harlequin Rasboras. They shoal well in my tank. They are active, but not too active. Maybe they would be a good option for you.

I was going to say espei..

What about the furcata rainbows??

I think they're a nice fish. I haven't had them myself, but I believe Fresh2o had them at one point. I personally like Threadfin Rainbowfish, but usually any of the small Rainbowfish are nice have to have.

I think they're a nice fish. I haven't had them myself, but I believe Fresh2o had them at one point. I personally like Threadfin Rainbowfish, but usually any of the small Rainbowfish are nice have to have.

He did and said they where sensitive to co2 levels.

Back
Top Bottom