Sk3llys 60P Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's so far away..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It will fly by lol.

Red ramshorns arrived from eBay seller today. Got 12 snails instead of the 10 advertised. No dead on arrivals. Very happy!

4 baby cardinal tetras in today also. These will be replacing the neons

Growth is noticeably different from my last setup. The pogo erectus is branching all over the place without even cutting. It didn't do this before. I'm putting it down to the ADA substrate system

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Friday picture/update time.

All seems well. Cardinals and rummynose tetras are living happily enough in the new setup alongside the otos and amanos. The red ramshorns have made a fantastic job of cleaning the fungus growth on the driftwood. Its all gone!!

Blyxa japonica has gone mad
Hygro poly roseanervig growing fast
Pogo is solid and ready for me to start bushing up the groupings
Dhg and pogo helfuri slow going at the moment. Think its down to the much lower lighting im running to fight the algae. Anyway pictures

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419009574.902847.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419009618.002578.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419009639.304656.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419009667.742563.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419009700.025547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice!! Like that flowering anubias growing out the top!

New plants going in next week. Nesaea Crassicaulis for hopefully a deep red in the background and hydrocotyle tripartita sp japan for in and around foreground plants and onto driftwood. Going to really start paying attention to the plant groupings and bushing them up

DIY light hanger in full swing. Ive finished the basic hanger. Now to attach hanging cables and light.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419336871.417219.jpg

Then i need to prepare and spraypaint

I say spray it with acid to oxidize for a patina look. Looks great so far!

Doesn't seem like many these days but merry Xmas to anybody following this thread

Youve got 4k views man, people be watching:) merry hoho

I think we're all lurking at this point, just like OS ' S threads.. what else can be said... ooo ahhh wow!! Don't worry though sk3lly, I'll be the first to chime in if something looks the slightest bit amiss! how great it is watching the little amano shrimp working through the blyxa.. hey there little fella... think you missed a spot!

Thinking of suspending a t5ho 55w over the back of my tank. Lighting spectrum of 3000k which is the red end. My thinking is this should bring out reds far easier as the back of my tank is a little shady and it's where my red/purple plants are.

Any thoughts on this people?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom