Skimmer for 90 gallon with 20 long sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bloomk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would like a sump skimmer that will work with a mores than normal fish count and fits in a 9x11 footprint... Any suggestions? Brands to look out for? Etc

I had a coralife it works but upgraded to reef octopus and man the funky smelly bubbles i get now just blow me away and water stays crydtal clear.it close to same footprint as coralife andyou can pick them up for 150...

Yes sir thats it you will love it i promise..its the nwb110 i run it on 90 gallon show with 30 gallon sump.its freaking awsome

What would be he advantages of getting the bigger 150 gallon version?

I truthfully think you would pull to much including the good stuff you wanna keep.

calhounfamily said:
I truthfully think you would pull to much including the good stuff you wanna keep.

What is that?

Skimmers pull the bad but to big can pull the good nutrients out of the water.you can eun bigger just dont run 24/7 run few days a week so in the end you culd save electricity!!!hope that kinda answers that add me as a friend will be glad to help anytime

A good rule of thumb is to get a skimmer rated for TWICE your tanks size. I'm using an eshopps 150 rated for a 150g tank on my 125g and I have to empty the cup at least every other day, sometimes sooner. I couldnt go with a reef octopus because of the space in my sump and a larger eshopps would have been too big. Better to have more than enough skimming than not enough.

Back
Top Bottom