Skimmer Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platinum

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new to the hobby and I have a question about a skimmer I bought. It came with a set of stuff I bought from the a second hand place. I need help hooking up the skimmer. It has 4 places to hook tubes up, i need help what goes where. Here are the pictures. The pictures have the in and outputs labed 1 2 3 4 pease let me know what number goes where. Thank you.

looks like to me your missing the most important part !!! the collection cup !!! but if you do have it my guess is that (u have the tubes labeled wrong on each pic but ill list what i think is what on the side pic)
1) would be for the overflow of foam !! but that should be in/on the collection cup !!
2) should be the return water line !!
3)not sure why that be there but if it was the input line i feel it should be lower than it is same with #4 looks home made for sure !! id cap this one
4)might want to hook pump to this !!! but with out a cup your gonna have foam/water overflow the tube !!
thats my guess with the pics ya gave !! but looking a bit closer looks almost like two diff skimmers due to the first pic shows #4 on the outside of the main tube and pic #2 shows it on the inside?!?!?!?!?

Thanks subca steve, I used a guess and check and it turns out that on the top view picture the connections are as follows

1. is the airstone line for the microbubbles
2. is the input
3. is the output
4. I have no idea LOL

after i did all the connections and put the collection cup in, it seems to be skimming just fine.

I cant wait until I get home today and put the LR in so i can start my cycle

did u take the pics with the skimmer upside down?? if not id say that the air input is way to high !! you would want it as low as possible and the return water line to really be lower than the input side !!! but if its working its working !! but i could see better ways to increase its production !!

The input in high but I put more tubing inside and put the sirstone all the way at the bottom, the return line IS lower than the inout line.

that skimmer is not for an airstone at all. It looks like a beckett skimmer. The inputs are all screwed up from what i see. The water output back to the main tank should always be lower so theres no micro bubbles and the water input from the top creates a counter-current. But there shouldnt be that many inputs/outputs on it. The only thing i can see is maybe its a dual beckett.

its a type of skimmer that uses air/water injection like a large venturi. Used on larger tanks mostly.

Back
Top Bottom