skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the general consensus here most always seems to be the aqua-c remora hob type skimmer...but there are also several ppl that stand by the cpr-bakpak2 which is also hob type, which i myself am looking at probably buying

Remora will out perform the Bak Pak 2, but it is also about 50% more in price. CPR Bak Pak 2 would still be better than the Prizm or Sea Clone though.

If anyone is interested, I have a lightly used 6-7 month old Bak Pak 2 (not the R) for $75 + shipping. It was used in a FO tank so there is no coraline or calcium buildup, relatively clean unit.

I had a sea clone going for 2 monthes and could never get it to do anything. It was way to touchy. So I bought the Aqua-C. Super easy, hang on back, plug in pump, and away she goes. Works awsome with no adjusting at all. All I do is rinse out the collection cup every couple of days. This is one a 29gal by the way, but a friend has it on a 55 and it works great.

I just ordered an Aqua-c EV-180 to replace my CPR BackPack II in sump skimmer for my 55gal Reef. I dont think the CPR does enough for me. The EV can be mounted in sump or out depending on your setup. I personally dont like to have anything hanging off the back of my tank. I just wish i could get rid of all the wires.

Wow stresco,
that's what I would say: "can you supersize that please"......

As Martha might say, oversizing is a "good thing"!

Back
Top Bottom