Sky's 93g Planted Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice! Orange flash I presume?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! You got it.

The lfs also got some double full reds but they were beaten up pretty bad so I passed on them for now. We'll see if they can get them healed up and I might get those too

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via the Aquarium Advice app.

Thanks! You got it.

The lfs also got some double full reds but they were beaten up pretty bad so I passed on them for now. We'll see if they can get them healed up and I might get those too

Cool, so many to chose from haha

If you go with Bolivians, be patient and find nicely colored ones, they do exist. I have one that is gorgeous, and he's still just a juvenile. Plus their personalities can't be beat in my opinion. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417813232.675852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I ended up going with the Aptos but I think I might use a smaller tank to try the Bolivians :) they seem like they're cool fish!

Well here is a picture of the two new Apisto. They seem like they're pretty happy . They've also found and have claimed the flower pot I put in there for them.

img_3106810_0_8147cf426a277b80ba689e3361a0ec3c.jpg

And here is a current FTS as of tonight. I need to do some troubleshooting since I'm getting BBA and staghorn on the big anubias.

img_3106810_1_5bbe474f6d16b44bca6a7dfd321bf063.jpg

Last edited:
Tank looks great! That tiger lotus?? Is bangin.. wait until she goes canary.. may see something like this.. speaking of staghorn and bba :(

Attachments

• 1417870598934.jpg
    1417870598934.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 102
Tank looks great! That tiger lotus?? Is bangin.. wait until she goes canary.. may see something like this.. speaking of staghorn and bba :(

What's got your setup out of wack?

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

It's been a while some ice updated this so I figured it was about time. The last few months I've been mainly focused getting the issues my reef tanks figured out but now that they're care of I've startedpaying more attention the planted tank again. Here's a quick rundown of what's happening:
  • I'm in the process of determining which new lights I want. They'll be BML fixtures for sure but what quantity and spectrum are still up for debate.
  • For now I've pulled the CO2 off and have been running my FX5 which has been working great and allowed me to remove both powerheads that I had been using. I'm thinking that when I go back to the CO2 I'll have to find a different method of getting into the tank other than the inline reactor.
  • I'm doing some research on some new fish to add to the stocking. I'm thinking of getting another school of something but I'm not quite sure of what yet.

Here is a picture of the tank now. I lost a number plants due to BBA and staghorn algae. You can still see a fair amount of BBA on the stick in the right side.
img_3229977_0_8e6a92402bdbc47d2d9b4df5bc00e5ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-T800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom