Sleeping habits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I guess I should warn everyone now (if you haven't already figured it out) that I can be a worry wort sometimes. I was just wondering if fish are dormant when they sleep... Alejandro was just sitting there and it freaked me out, like he was dead or something until I moved the plant he was in then it was like ... poof! he was fine. I know puffers also change their colors according to moods but he looks paler and it is worrying me a little bit. I did another pwc to try and get the ammonia back down (went up to about .25 today) and I am hoping that it's not affecting him

All of my fish lose their color at night when they are "sleeping," which is why the tanks are completely black, (covered with a towel) every single night. I try to make the tanks as normal as possible (like their natural habitat) and my fish actually go to their sleeping spots when the lights go out. They're so funny. :)

whew. yeah after I posted this I went and checked my water and everything is good so I was hoping he just being a little weirdo and sleeping lol. good idea with the blackout, i might do that for him. I am usually sleeping by this time but I was setting the 29 up in my room :D

My fish also get paler at night. All except my rainbows. The rainbows are irridescent green-blue-purple.

I think pretty much all fish lose their color when they sleep. My neons look like they are sickly in the mornings but after they wake up and drink their mini cups of coffee they are back to their bright blue and red selves. ;)

Back
Top Bottom