Slightly burnt driftwood - still good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hholly

Aquarium Advice Addict
O I was boiling my new driftwood and forgot about it. The fire alarm went off and I found it slightly blackened but not yet charcoal. Will it still work for a pleco? TIA!

Me too! Then I'd have to go and put the fire out! But seriously your DW will be fine. Like Lyndab said, get the charring off.

if you are at all worried about it, try put the burt part in contact with the substrate, so the pleco cant connect to the part. that is what i would do

I'm still trying to figure out how you "forgot" you had driftwood boiling away on your stovetop..... :huh:

things happen lol.. my roommate almost drank my guppy fry once.. I was cleaning the tank and had 3 fry (2days old) in a glass cup.. my roommate came by and asked of she could have a drink of my water I said sure.. not think about it.. I looked at her at the last second and screamed at her, because she had the fry cup, she then saw the fry. almost dropped the cup... and started gaging, she got fish tank water in her mouth Haha...
just thought I would share :)

rreekers said:
things happen lol.. my roommate almost drank my guppy fry once.. I was cleaning the tank and had 3 fry (2days old) in a glass cup.. my roommate came by and asked of she could have a drink of my water I said sure.. not think about it.. I looked at her at the last second and screamed at her, because she had the fry cup, she then saw the fry. almost dropped the cup... and started gaging, she got fish tank water in her mouth Haha...
just thought I would share :)

That's a good one, lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom