Slime on driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

furrymurray

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed a clear slime on some driftwood. I am trying to see if this will harm my tank so I have been researching online and have seen answers from infrosia (spelling ?) to fungus to biofilm to its no problem. I just put this is my tank yesterday. It was putchased from a pet store. I boiled it for about three hours to get the tannins out. It also has several plants that I attached to it. Any thoughts?

Is yout tank cycling, or has it been cycle? Can you post a pic? i know fungus on newly added drifted isn't uncommon

Slime on new driftwood is common. I couldn't tell you what it is but it should disappear very soon. At least it did on my tank.

It is newly cycled tank. My water tested 0 ammonia. 0 notrites and 5 nitrate. It is also a planted tank. I have a picture but I do not know how to post it from my iphone.

Ok i figured out how to post a pict but i get an error message saying it cant allocate the memory?!?

idk about the picture, but it very well may just be fungus. you can rinse it off in a bucket of dechlorinated water, its common for that to happen

Back
Top Bottom