Small "bugs" in my tank living in algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkybraincbfam

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have started my ten gallon tank and have been cycling it for about a month month and a half as of now and we knew we had brown algae but have had quite the bloom in the past few days so decided to go get 3 oto catfish to clean it up. Now that the fish are in the tank I am noticing in the brown algae there are these pinhead sized bug like things in the algae. From what I've read sounds like they are pods of some sort... Although any one with experience please let me know if this is going to be a problem or if I just have some tasty treats for the oto'sImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402446481.963338.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402447881.324531.jpg

Most likely Copepods. I have them in my shrimp tank along with seed shrimp, limpets, hydra, and the occasional planaria. It's a zoo in there.

Lol good to hear just panicked when I saw little white bugs in the tank since a few months ago I had ick. Cleaned it all out and have been running a fish less cycle for about 5 weeks now

So after 6-7 weeks of a fishless cycle and having oto's in the tank for the past 3-4 weeks. I added 3 cherry barbs all from the same tank at a reputable LFS. Now one week later I am noticing a small white dot just below the dorsal fin on the left side of my male barb. When I took him out of the water to get a closer look I wasn't able to see the dot. After having lost a tank to ick I am conserned it is happening again. Although I have no clue how it could have gotten into the tank. Can tropical fish flakes have ick in it??? Cause that is the only thing that is similar to my last tank at all. As well not even sure if it's ick or I'm just being over cautious. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404307001.456868.jpg

New to the fish thang

So took out big red and put him into isolation tank. Although after a few minutes in there I didn't see the spot anymore so I returned him to main tank after adding aquarium salt.

New to the fish thang

Back
Top Bottom