Small fish tank water setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanna_Banana23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Trying to find the correct color combination on my test strip for my new tank. Looking to put a Beta Fish in there.

Trying to find the correct color combination on my test strip for my new tank. Looking to put a Beta Fish in there.

Hello :) as someone who had to get advice from much more experienced people within my first few weeks of owning a tank, I would avoid the strips altogether and get a proper water testing kit.

I thought I was doing ok on my small tank but I was at the point of harming my fish - I found the strips next to useless.

Hope I havent misread and you're asking a completely different question as an experienced owner!
Good luck with your new tank :)

Perhaps there are people who know how to use them properly, but I know as soon as I got the proper kit it showed just how badly my readings were - and my strips didn't include ammonia, which is very important.

Last edited:
Thank you! It's not specific to the Beta either, so I've been struggling lol! Will pick up the standard test kit. I appreciate your help!

Back
Top Bottom