small tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amberO

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i want a very small fish tank that is not a betta tank or shrimp tank. does anyone know the smallest tank and fish combo?

My first real tank was 22litres/5gallon approx which i kept small tetra in. It really depends on what kind of fish u want but i wouldn't go any lower than that.

alright, thanks :) keeping my fingers crossed 4 x-mas! would they b the neon tetras? or r there other kinds? also, what about the tank being heaviley planted

I had neons for about 2 and a half years. Great starter fish. Theres lots of other small tetra(i've still got glowlight and silver tips) or other small fish like rasbora
,minnows or guppies. Most small fish are fairly peaceful althought silvertips are semi aggressive
Plants help keep the water quality up but they take up swimming room too. You just have to find the right balance

Yeah please don't do tetras in less than 15g minimum! There's just not enough room for a school. What about killifish?

Why don't you do a dwarf puffer fish? But those aren't for begginers. You could also do a smaller school of galaxy raspboras. About 5. NO TETRAS

My first real tank was 22litres/5gallon approx which i kept small tetra in. It really depends on what kind of fish u want but i wouldn't go any lower than that.

What type of tetra? Even neons wouldn't have enough swimming space let alone for a good a school. Also when they don't have enough space they don't act like they are suppose to. The behave totally different and don't "play" if you wan a ten you could probably do some guppies and Pygmy Cories.

Back
Top Bottom