SMS122 Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
Just got an SMS122 pH meter in the mail. In hooking it up, the directions are unclear at best. There are 2 plugs on the device, 1 2 prong adapter that plugs in on the left side, and another huge 3 prong with another plug on the back on the right. Obviously I plug my selenoid into this part, but do I then need to plug that into the wall, so I have 2 things plugged into the wall from the meter?

I think I got it working. Set the pH to roughly 6.7-6.8. I am kind of disappointed that the pH setting does not show up on the digital screen. The dial doesn't have much graduation to it. I guess the price it right for it though.

Yes, it's a little bit of trial and error to set the knob. Although the graduations are somewhat hard to detect, just keep trying until the digital reading displays what pH you want.

Yup, so far it has not shut off. We will see what happens when the lights go out.

If you want it to shut off (the pH reading is lower than what you thought you set) just turn the knob up a little - not a lot - this is the "trial and error" I was talking about. You may hear the solenoid click off. The CO2 already present in the tank will keep the pH low for awhile. When it rises just beyond your new setpoint, you'll hear the solenoid click on again. Then when the CO2 flow stops, check your new reading.

Roger that.

I am currently tinkering with the needle valve. pH reading is not going below 6.8. Been increasing BPS every half hour or so to get the meter to 6.7, which should be about ideal for CO2 concentration.

Yes, the needle valve is another part that will need a period of trial and error to find a good position. I think I adjusted mine for almost a week.

I have had the regulator for almost a month - was adjusted ok for using a timer to turn the system on and off. I just decided to add the pH controller to it. The system just shut off about 15 minutes ago, meter is reading 6.7. Should be good to go.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom