snail and danios dieing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greater-Ajax

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my sail, that I have had for about a week died same with 3 out of 6 danios. My mom brought the danios back so we have 6 now, but I dont know. One danio died this morning along with the snail, and 2 died 3 days back, had no idea what happened, but when the danio and snail died, I got vary worried.

They are all in a 10 gallon tank with a moss ball and bubble system.

Ammonia:0
ph: 7.5
Nitrate: 5
Nitrite: less then 0.1

Please, they are not showing any signs of sickness, please help.

Usually when adding schooling fish such as danios you add 3 at a time. For some reason they go canablistic, and peck at some of there school. your snail death is common too, some snails are unhealthy when purchased but there is no way to tell. Oh and do you have a filter on the tank or is it just a bubbler?

Usually when adding schooling fish such as danios you add 3 at a time. For some reason they go canablistic, and peck at some of there school. your snail death is common too, some snails are unhealthy when purchased but there is no way to tell. Oh and do you have a filter on the tank or is it just a bubbler?

We got the snail from a friend, did not know they die so easily, never had one before. And in regards to the they a zebra's, and non of the dead ones had any bites, or nipped fins. And yes I do have a carbon filter.

Ok, even if they dont have nip marks, they are jus harassed a lot. They could have been bad stock too. I would do a water change and watch the parameters

Okay wait, Just went to look at my tank to go remove the snail and he is walking around the ground normally! Thought when they die they float to the top, and he was but now he is like a normal snail :l

Ahahaha he was just parasnailing! My apple snails do it all the time. you can tell if they are dead if they smell HORRIBLE, i have has a few snails die on me , and they STINK

Back
Top Bottom