Snail Eggs ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know what kind of snail eggs these are?

1011270smallpo5.jpg

Well, they don't look like cerith, I have never seen my nassis or margaritas leave eggs. What other snails do you have?

Cerith, Margarita, Nassasrius, Astrea. I have seen a pic of the same somewhere but I can't find it now.

No one has successfully "cultured" Nassarius eggs other than letting them mature in-tank and hope for the best. You can search projectdibs.com for more information. The glass and side/back walls are common areas for laying their eggs.

I'm not expecting them to make it I have other snails and hermits in the tank that will probably eat them up. I just looked at the mass and it looks like they have been picked at. Still it's pretty interesting to see.

Update

I recently found snail eggs on my glass. Does not quite look like yours in fact I know mine are super tonga. I watched her lay a second batch last night. I am curious how this went for you. Did they make it to hatch? I put a screen around them to protect them from getting picked at. How long do they take to hatch?

I didn't do anything for them just left them alone. I'm not sure if they hatched or were eaten by other snails in the tank.

I know I'm Johnny come latelty..But, definitely Nassarius eggs...I have actually watched as mine have laid these eggs. They usually last about a week in my tank. Wound up being fish food.

I have place a little plastic strainer over them so the will not get eaten. But does any one know the incubation time? This is a silly exciting event for us since we are so new to the hobby.

I think you will be the test subject.....start the clock....

I will let you know.:lol::lol:
I did research out on the net and the best I could find was a gestation range of 2-4 weeks. I have a controlled experiment because the second night the snail laid a small second patch. That patch I did not protect with a screen. Nothing has eaten them yet. As soon as I see life I will update. I feel like such a science nerd...excited about snail eggs.:new-alien:

Back
Top Bottom