Snail help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a mystery snail for about 2-3 weeks now and for about 4-5 days he has been floating and been moving with the water due to the HOB and won't stick to the glass, I'm worried that he won't be eating, how do I make him sink? Should I put him in a tank that does not have a HOB filter?

if the snail is floating that means he is dead IIRC, the HOB has nothing to do with the snail floating...

I would just keep an eye on him, my snail's have been known to float for a few days before moving again. Don't worry about him not eating snail's can go for a while without needing to eat. Is there anyone in the tank harassing it? What are your parameters? Sometimes if there's ammonia or high nitrate the snail will close up. You'll know if the snail is dead they smell really bad, but like you said there's movement.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm going to try to put him on a plate with tank water and maybe some food then when he comes out the air will too hopefully. And I saw my anglefish nipping at him once this morning then he went right back in his shell but not all the way. His shell seems fine there is alittle blackness near the too on his "cone" not sure what that is and I know my ph is somewhat high also

It's not black on the outside but I can see alittle through the shell and it looks like it's on the inside

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391573003.331914.jpg

You can see that in the photo he is out alittle but not much and I have a pice of flake food in there just in case he's hungry, I'm going to leave him in there for about an hour or so too see if he does anything

Just pronounced my snail being dead, he hasn't moved and when I picked him up he sort of fell out of shell and when I flipped him over he went back in, also when I lightly pulled on the foot I felt no resistance what so ever :(

My snail is acting the same way.. He started to just be bobbing/floating around the top of the tank about a week ago. I'm afraid to pull him out of the tank to try to let any air escape since I saw the loss of your snail

Take him out out him on a plate with alittle bit of tank water to cover his foot and put there favorite food with him and wait like an hour or so to see if he moves. That's what I did

Back
Top Bottom