snail jello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would it be better if this thread was in a different area?

snail jello #2

Hello all

What are some good snail jello recipes?

And will shrimp eat it too?

Merged your threads together. Please don't make duplicate threads accross the forums.

I think you're not getting responses because noone knows what "snail jello" is. I for one have never heard of it.

If you're speaking of the gelatinous substance that snails produce in which to put their eggs? Then no, shrimp do not eat that.

I have four ghost shrimp in my tank, as well as three snails. Every time they reproduce, I have to clean up the goo. Most of the time, the shrimp are oblivious to its existence as they are bottom feeders and snails lay their eggs at the water's surface or under floating plant leaves.

Sorry about that.

I thought it was a common thing. I heard it on here.

And by snail jello i mean where you mix a bunch of snail ediable food with water or baby food and add it to gellation. I guess its great for getting calcium into your snails. Thats what i mean, and i was hoping shrimp would eat it too.

Not a problem... I'm not sure if they will or won't, but my guess then is that they will.

I've seen shrimp eat everything from soggy fish flakes, to algae wafers, to brine shrimp, to Pleco poo. I suppose snail jello would be no different...

Hmm. I thought so but i wanted an opinion. If theybdo eat it, it will be nice because i dont have to do two different foods.

Thanks for the reply:)

No problem. Please give it a try then update us on your findings? I'm pretty curious now! What kind of shrimp do you have?

Sadly none yet, im doing a RCS and mystery snail tank.

And with both of them, they have shells. And for healthy shells you need calcium and doing snail jello is a great way to give it myst snail so i hope with shrimp too.

If i find a great recipe ill let yoy know, itll be atleast a week. My cycle is taking a long time.

At least you're cycling. I was a braindead noob when it came to starting my tank... Only cycled for about a week before adding fish. AA saved my arse.

Anyways, take your time. I look forward to your update!

I was reading more... And aparently fish love the jello! Hmm

Back
Top Bottom