Snail mystery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleky plec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I look in my aquarium and I see white eggs in the corners of the tank and small snails everywhere (not many). Where did they come from? And they couldn't have been with the plants if they were snail free. And how big do these snails get? How long do they live? And what kind are they if they can just come out of no where.

We just discovered the same thing! I mean we HAD live plants in our tank many many many many months ago. We had only seen once snail. We thought they were snail free as well but then discovered the one. Then he kind of disappeared. It seem like we woke up one day and we seen many tiny ones in there. Like the count is up to 20. This morning we saw a little patch of egg looking bubbles on the front glass. We certainly don't need anymore snails!

The plants may have been "snail" free, but not "snail egg" free. It's darn near impossible to find snail-free plants. Most likely the snails are either Ramshorn or Pond.

Back
Top Bottom