Snail problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Countryfanjmm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. I have a question about snails. These have obviously come in on live rock as they are nothing like either of the other two types of snails that we have actually purchased. They started off very small and are now pretty good size. The shell itself is an oval shape about 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch and only about 1/4 inch tall max. The body/foot is about an inch long or so. Some of them are darker some are light ( almost a cream color) and some are a pink/purple color. My question is, is there anyone that can tell me what kind of snail they are and should I start pulling some out of the tank. We have several. At least 8 or 10 big ones and a few that are still quite small. They seem to reproduce quickly. We have a 40 gallon tall with a sand bottom if that makes any difference in how many I should keep. The snails we have bought are about 5 of the sand sifters and one that I think is a taquilla shell. ??

Attachments

• image-735444532.jpg
    image-735444532.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1341407056.jpg
    image-1341407056.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 70
  • image-956363287.jpg
    image-956363287.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 70
Ahhhhh.....yup. looked on google And that is exactly what they look like. Thanks. It's so much easier to look up something when u have a name for it haha. Tried looking up snail hitchhiker but there are quite a few to go through and was abut overwhelming. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom